GSoC community ideas/Test automation specialist
- Parallelize Ncat tests
- let Ncat listen on port 0 to choose a random open port (and print it on the debug output). Then tests can start multiple instances at once without port conflicts.
- http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q1/234 patch to enable port 0 and comments on the patch.
- Create Nmap test suite
- Mock objects such as UltraScanInfo, HostScanStats, OsScanInfo, HostOsScan, etc. will let us write these tests and also target various portions of Nmap for stress testing and security fuzzing.
- Besides standard regressions, such a test suite would be helpful to work on improving performances. It could also allow us to detect and track down issues that only appear during large scale scans.
- Harness existing Zenmap unit tests: http://issues.nmap.org/85